Racing driver Mikaela Ahlin Kottulinsky will have a hectic schedule in the coming season. In addition to driving the Audi RS 3 LMS for PWR Racing Junior Team in the STCC, she will also drive the Audi R8 LMS in the ADAC GT Masters. The initiative is Audi Sport Racing Academy and TKL Motor. Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky is one of the young racing talents that Audi Sport Racing Academy has chosen to focus on for the season 2017. In addition Mikaela gets four more young drivers take advantage of the investment made in collaboration with Audi Sport and Audi Driving Experience. Mikaela will also this year drive an Audi R8 LMS in the ADAC GT Masters, but this time for the team Audi Sport Racing Academy powered by TKL Motor.
- It's just absolutely amazing, to be part of this effort, run the ADAC GT Masters in an Audi R8 LMS and also doubling the Audi RS3 LMS together with PWR Racing Junior Team in STCC in Sweden. I will get to drive many hours and it is everyone's dream as a racing driver, "said Mikaela.
It has not been an easy path for Mikaela who broke her foot in December and walked on crutches for three months.
- After a half-day crying in a fetal position was just trying to make the best of it and started training. People had to be creative to find out good exercise and not lose too much of all the training I've already invested in, says Mikaela who has now thrown the crutches.
Mikaela will compete in the ADAC GT Masters with a R8 LMS together with the talented Ricardo Feller from Switzerland. Only 16 years old, he has already proven to be incredibly fast on the initial tests that the team performed. Ricardo drove successful Formula 4 in the season 2016. Together with Audi Sweden, the Swedish Audi dealerships and other partners, this could become a reality.
- I am the proudest ambassador and will obviously go for it both on the track and in the events that takes place during the season, says Mikaela with perhaps the biggest smile in a long time.
TKL has collaborated with Audi Driving Experience over the last five years and team boss Marc Klöppel can also add the collaboration with Le Mans Team Joest to his resume.
We are very pleased with our driver after the first test days. We focus not only on the driving itself but also on the mental as well as physical training and media with the support of Audi Sport to lift and develop these young talents into the future, says team boss Marc.
Marco Schubert, head of Audi Sweden is also pleased with the cooperation.
- We are proud that our partnership with the racing driver Mikaela will continue this season. We can not wish for a better female ambassador in motorsport and for the Audi brand.
- Right now I feel like the world's most excited person going in to 2017, Mikaela states.
Now three days of testing awaits with the R8 LMS, both on Oschersleben and Lausitzring before Easter. First start the ADAC GT Masters takes 28-30 / 4 at Oschersleben (D).
Calendar GT Masters 2017
28-30 / 4 Oschersleben (D)
19-21 / 5 Lausitzring (D)
9-11 / 6 Red Bull Ring (A)
21-23 / 7 Zandvoort (NL)
4-6 / 8 Nürburgring (D)
15-17 / 9 Sachs Ring (D
22-24 / 9 Hockenheim (D)
Facts Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky
Mobile: +46 70 358 83 56
Born: November 13, 1992
Family: Mother Susanne Kottulinsky-Ahlin, father Jerry Åhlin, big brother Frederick
Club: KAK, The Royal Automobile Club
Race: Audi R8 LMS
Merits: Gains Norisring VW Scirocco R-Cup, Audi TT Cup Sports - 3rd Norisring, points Location GT Masters in the final on Hockenheom
Languages: Swedish, English and German
Facebook: Mikaela Åhlin Kottulinsky